Alderman Jacobs is proud to work with The David School in Sierra Leone. David has made visits to our school to share the vibrant but sometimes traumatic experiences of children’s lives in Sierra Leone. Our children have then sent diaries of their day and their own experiences back to The David School in return. We hope to build on this with more Educational projects in the future.
We have also sent a teacher over to the school, for a brief period, to help ‘train’ or advise teachers there in some more contemporary ‘Western’ teaching approaches.
In addition, we support The David School by regular collections of essential resources for the school. They are always on the lookout for:
- Toothpaste & Toothbrushes
- Stationery & Writing equipment
- White socks
- Shoes (with closed heels and toes), especially adult sizes as the children have large feet!
- School uniform (red and white gingham dresses, red polo shirts, grey shorts)
- Mens/boys plain white shirts for secondary pupils
If you feel you can help with any of the above please hand your donations in to the main reception.
Please follow this link to The David School to find out more: